- The City of Central Point Parks and Recreation Department along with the Central Point Police Department and Southern Oregon Mountain Bike Association will hold a bicycle fair from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at the end of Good Fortune Drive in Central Point (behind Holiday Inn). The event will include hands-on demonstrations of bicycle safety, a bicycle rodeo and theft prevention instruction. Participants must bring a bike and a helmet. Free water bottles will be given to the first 100 participants. Good Fortune Drive is between the Pilot Station on Biddle Road and Burger King. See www.ci.central-point.or.us. Call 541 664-3321
- A "Touch-a-Truck" will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Jackson County Expo Grounds, 1 Peninger Road, Central Point. The event will offer kids 3-13 a chance to sit in the seat of a fire truck, move the levers of a back hoe, try on a headset in a helicopter and climb a rock wall. There will also be arts and crafts tables, food, a jump house, an obstacle course and a bike rodeo. Admission is free. Tickets will be available at the door for hands-on activities. Call 541-261-2464.
- Kid's Imagination Discovery Place, 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford, is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Today, at 11 a.m., the scheduled activity is sand-colored vases. KIDS' also has a literacy corner, a child-size grocery store, construction zone, waterworks, toddler town, art space and a café. Admission is $2 for adults, $5 for children. See www.discoveryspace.org or call 772-9922.
- The Farm at 51 S. Stage Road, Medford, offers fun for kids of all ages and is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday to Sunday. Goats and sheep, llamas, deer, wallabies, miniature donkeys, potbelly pigs, ducks and chickens — all roaming free. Admission is $4; children under 3 are free with 1 adult admission. Pony rides are $3. Call 535-1316.
- The Inner Child Cafe at 310 Oak St. in Ashland offers kids a chance to play on a climb-on pirate ship, castle and fairy tower, and is open from 9 to 6 p.m. every day. Cost is $4 for the first child and $2 for each additional child, good for all day. See www.innerchildcafe.net.
- Crater High Performing Arts will present The Wizard of Oz at 7 tonight and at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 24, at the school, 655 N. Third St., Central Point. Tickets are $11 for adults and $7 for students and seniors. Call 494-6300.
The Rogue Valley Peace Choir and the Rogue Valley Children's Choir will present a spring concert at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Ashland High School Theater, 201 S. Mountain Ave., Ashland. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door for adults and $5 for kids 12-17; free for children under 12. Tickets are available at the Music Coop and Sound Peace in Ashland and at Bad Ass Coffee and the Party Place in Medford. See www.sing4peace.or or call 482-8915.
A free barbecue dinner will be served from 6-7 p.m. Tuesday at Pfaff Park, 635 Manzanita Street, Central Point while participants hear about what's going on in the Central Point community. Bring a blanket and have a picnic with your friends and family. There will be guest speakers and informational tables. Details: 541-789-4028 or e-mail email@example.com
A free bilingual Read-A-Thon will be held from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at Sacred Heart Catholic School's library, 431 S. Ivy St., Medford. Students and others will read in English and/or Spanish. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Call Susan Ladue at 772-4105, Ext. 240.