- Kid Time! Discovery Experience at 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford, is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays. It offers interactive exhibits such as a grocery store, cafe, construction zone, into the woods, water works, medical center, art space, toddler town and outdoor space. It also offers arts and crafts at 11 a.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays through June and July. Admission is $6 for children, $3 for adults. Call 772-9922 or see www.discoveryspace.org.
- Year-round exhibits at ScienceWorks Hands-on Museum, 1500 E. Main St., Ashland, allow kids to explore energy, anatomy, chemistry, perception, motion, engineering and more. Play with soap bubbles in the Bubble-ology Room; pedal a bike to send power to an electric train; challenge your senses in the Hall of Illusions and explore your creativity in Einstein's Art Studio. There also are crazy mirrors, big blocks and a climbing structure in the Kid's Space. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $7.50, $5 for children ages 2 to 12 and for seniors over 65. See scienceworksmuseum.org or 482-6767.
- The Southern Oregon Military Collectors Club will display vehicles from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at Camp White Military Museum, on the second floor of Building 200 at the Veterans Administration Southern Oregon Rehabilitation Center, 8495 Highway 62, White City. Call 826-2111, ext. 3674. The Camp White Military Museum features military memorabilia from World War I to the present. The event is free.
- The Farm offers activities for kids, including an egg hunt, and a petting zoo from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 51 S. Stage Road, Medford. Admission to The Farm is $4. Fees apply to other activities. Call 535-1316.
Skiers and snowboarders can enjoy a free day at Mount Ashland from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday in exchange for five or more cans of nonperishable food for ACCESS Food Share's annual food drive. As part of Mount Ashland's "Ski and Ride Against Hunger Day," anyone who brings food will receive an all-day lift ticket good from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on all ski trails and chairlifts.
Kids of all ages are invited to hear stories about bugs, bears, birds, jungles and other nature subjects at 10:30 a.m. Fridays at Northwest Nature Shop, 154 Oak St., Ashland. It's free. Call 482-3241.
- April 4: Mark your calendars! The Kiwanis Club of Medford will present the 67th annual Easter Egg Hunt for kids ages 9 and under at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 4, at Hawthorne Park in Medford.
- Rogue Valley Transportation District, Rogue Valley Cycle Sport and the city of Medford Parks and Recreation Department will sponsor a free bicycle maintenance and commuter skills class from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, April 4, at the Santo Community Center, 701 N. Columbus Ave., Medford. Learn how to repair a flat, make minor adjustments to brake cables, brake pads, gear cables, how to lube a chain and how to adjust the saddle properly. Preregistration required. Register by calling 774-2400 or visit www.playmedford.org.
- Roxy Ann Gem & Mineral Society's 54th Annual Show will be from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, April 4, and 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sunday, April 5, at the Medford Armory, 1701 S. Pacific Highway. Admission is $3 for adults; a weekend pass is $1 additional; students ages 12 to 18 pay 50 cents; free admission for children with an adult.
- April 11: Everyone is welcome to attend the free Healthy Kid's Day & YMCA Open House from 8:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 11. Call 772-6295 for more information or just stop by the YMCA that morning.
- April 25: Earth Day. Artists, students and recyclers are invited to create fashionable outfits from garbage and recyclables to be modeled at the "Trashion" Show on the Rogue Valley Earth Day stage at ScienceWorks on April 25. Create your own or join a team to design recycled attire. To learn more about the Trashion show, call Jane Hickinbotham at 890-1618 or Elib Crist-Dwyer at 535-7855.