- Enjoy a summer solstice celebration and medieval festival from noon to 8 p.m. today at Jackson WellSprings, 2253 Highway 99, Ashland. There will be food, live entertainment and fun for kids. Costumes are encouraged. Admission is $5 at the gate, free for children under 10.
- Saturdays at dusk (approximately 9 p.m.), Medford offers free movies at Bear Creek Park Amphitheater. This week's feature is the animated film "Curious George," rated G. Bring blankets or chairs.
Medford offers free Concerts in the Park at 7 p.m. Sundays at the Bear Creek Park Amphitheater in Medford. This week Easy Valley Eight swings along on Ellington and Basie, and plays Lennon and McCartney too.
Kid's Imagination Discovery Place wants to get kids into the summer time island spirit. At 1 p.m. Tuesday they can make a hula skirt out of paper bags. From 1 to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, they can make tropical island snow cones, and at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 30, the project will be paper-tissue leis. KIDS is at 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $2 for adults, $5 for children. See www.discoveryspace.org or call 772-9922.
- Southern Oregon Historical Society's Children's Museum at 206 N. Fifth St., Jacksonville, is open from 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday. Admission is $5 adults (13-64) $3 for seniors (65 and up) and children (3-12.) See www.sohs.org.
- Learn to juggle and walk on stilts when ScienceWorks kicks off its summer fun celebration "That's Amazing" from noon to 2 p.m. Wednesday. The show features acrobatics, juggling and puppetry. ScienceWorks is at 1500 E. Main St., Ashland. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. Admission is $7.50 adults, $5 for kids 2-12. Call 482-6767.
The Ashland City Band offers free weekly summer concerts at 7:30 p.m. Thursdays through Aug. 9 at the Butler Band Shell at Lithia Park in Ashland. Pre-concert entertainment begins at 6:30 p.m.
- At 11 a.m. Friday, the Sassie Cassie Comedy Show comes to ScienceWorks, 1500 E. Main St., Ashland. The comedy magic show is appropriate for kids 2-6. Kids will sing songs, perform silly magic and meet Cassie's puppet dog "Sparky." Sassy Cassie will also teach the art of making balloon animals from noon to 1 p.m. For details, call 482-6767 or go to www.scienceworksmuseum.org
- Central Point will offer a series of Friday Night Summer Festivals from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Fridays through Aug. 31 at Pfaff Park, at Sixth and Manzanita streets. The festivals will include musical entertainment, crafts, jewelry, art, plants and food. Family Friday at the Movies follows at dusk (approximately 9 p.m.). This week's feature is the animated film "Open Season," rated PG (2006). It's free. Bring blankets or lawn chairs.
- Oak Knoll Golf Course at 3070 Highway 66, Ashland invites families to a free night of fun this Friday. There will be golf games for kids at 7:30 p.m. and "Charlotte's Web" will begin at dusk. Bring a lawn chair or blanket.