- Once a year, Shady Cove becomes Spamville and today's the day. Join in the festivities from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. along Highway 62 near Two Pines Smokehouse, Shady Cove. The parade begins at 10 a.m. and there will be awards for the three best entries. There also will be carnival games, music, food, a pie-eating contest and a SPAM cook-off. Call 878-2948.
- The Rogue Eagles Radio-Controlled Club will hold its 23rd annual air show today and Sunday at Agate Skyways, off Highway 140 on Antelope Road. The event will include electric park flyers, war birds, helicopters, flying cars, racers and aerobatics. Hours are 9:30 a.m. to noon and 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. today and 1 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday. Food and beverage concessions will be at the site. Admission is a $3 donation at the gate; free to kids 12 and under. Call 779-9935.
- ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum bids summer farewell with a "Farm Fun Festival" featuring mules, goats, miniature horses, a donkey, tractor demonstrations, harvesting and milking demonstrations, crafts and live music today and Sunday, at 1500 E. Main St. Ashland. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $7.50 adults, $5 kids 2-12 and seniors. Call 482-6767.
- Kids' Imagination Discovery Space invites kids to paint-mania at 11 a.m. at 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford. Come in old clothes. Admission is $5 per child, $2 adults. Call 772-9922.
- Medford Parks and Recreation invites families to solve a mystery challenge and enjoy a picnic dinner from 5 to 9 tonight at the Youth Activity Center, 809 W. McAndrews, Medford. Dinner will be held from 5 to 6 p.m., followed by the mystery challenge from 6 to 9. Cost is $10 per participant, which includes the picnic dinner. For more information, call 774-2400.
- Phoenix High School will host the Pirate Wheels car, truck and tractor show from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at the high school, 745 N. Rose St., Phoenix. Proceeds benefit Phoenix Pop Warner, middle school and high school football. Fees to enter a vehicle are $5 for students and $15 for amateur or professional entries. To register, call 488-2643. Spectator admission is free. Prizes and awards will be presented and food will be available.
- Discover nocturnal creatures and listen to nighttime sounds as you explore North Mountain Park's wild places under a full moon from 8 to 9 p.m. tonight, at 620 N. Mountain Ave., Ashland. Bring walking sticks, flashlights and bug protection. It's free, but pre-registration is requested at http://ashlandparks.recware.com or by calling 488-6606.
- The Medford Parks and Recreation Department invites families to a barbecue and a free swim at Jackson Pool from 7:30 to 9:15 p.m. Friday at the pool, 815 Summit Ave., Medford. Free hot dogs and drinks will be served during the first hour. For details, call 774-2400.
- Mobility, The United States Band of the Golden West's popular music group, will perform at 6:30 tonight at Lithia Park's Butler Band Shell. This high-energy group plays a variety of music, from Billboard's current No. 1 hits to pop, soul, classic/modern rock and country music. It's free. For more information call 552-2266.
- Celebrate this summer's last Friday Night Summer Festival from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Pfaff Park, Sixth and Manzanita streets, Central Point.. Enjoy musical entertainment, food, and craft, jewelry, art, plant booths. The movie "Facing the Giants," rated PG, begins at dusk.
- On Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 1-2, the city of Central Point will host a Labor Day Weekend Music Festival at Crater High School's Performing Arts Theater. For details, call 664-3321.
- The Upper Rogue Community Center will hold the 8th annual URCC Duck Races from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 2, at Regional Park on Rogue River Drive, Shady Cove. Prizes will be awarded in the duck and lame duck races. There also will be free games for kids, gift certificates from local and Medford merchants, vendors, local musicians, and a race for children. Ducks can be adopted for $5 at the park the day of the race, or at the Upper Rogue Community Center, 22465 Highway 62, Shady Cove. Call 878-2702.