- The Jefferson Nature Center will hold an open house from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today. The Nature Center is along Bear Creek at the new U.S. Cellular Sports Park off of Highway 99 in South Medford. Learn about ethnobotany, reptiles and amphibians. Visit the new education facility, explore Bear Creek with aquatic scientists, go on a guided bird walk or band birds with Klamath Bird Observatory. (Banding will run from 9-11 a.m.)
- The 15th annual Medford Multicultural Fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today at Hawthorne Park, 501 E. Main St., Medford (Hawthorne and Jackson streets). Food, music and dancing from around the world. There will be 30 entertainment acts on four stages. Admission is free. Call 618-1910.
- Experience the beauty of Southern Oregon from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. today during Ride the Rogue 2008 at Palmerton Park in Rogue River. Participate in the century, metric century and quarter-century bike rides or enjoy a nature hike through Valley of the Rogue State Park. Finish with a gourmet feast, live music and raffles. Proceeds benefit the Rogue River Recreational Corridor and Greenway. Register online at www.ridetherogue.com. Call 582-4488.
- The Ashland Tree Commission sponsors a two-hour tree walk for all ages from 2 to 4 p.m. today at Ashland's Lithia Park. Learn about Lithia Park's featured trees and enjoy early fall colors. Meet at the front of the park at the south end of the Plaza. Cost is $3. Register online at ashlandparks.recware.com. The Street Tree Guide will be available for $5 at North Mountain Park Nature Center or at the tree walk. Call 488-6606.
- Mac's Diner and Asante Child Development Services will hold a classic car cruise-in benefit from 5 to 9 p.m. today in the parking lot at Mac's Diner, 2382 W. Main St., in Jackson Creek Center, Medford. There will be a variety of classic cars, food, raffles, prizes and music.
- There will be a Southern Oregon Marching Band exhibition at 7:30 tonight at Duth Meyer Field at Crater High School, 655 N. Third St., Central Point. Admission is $3 adults, $1 students. Call 601-9128.
Roller Odyssey at 2425 W. Pacific Highway, Medford, offers a "Sunday Sk8" from 2:45 to 5 p.m. Sundays. Cost is $6 (kids 6 and older), $3.50 (kids 5 and under), quads $1, inlines $2. Call 772-1400.
Kids 6 and older are invited to "Drop in & Draw" from 1:30 to 4 p.m. every Wednesday at the Rogue Gallery & Art Center, 40 S. Bartlett St., Medford. There are new projects weekly, from weaving to sculpting, drawing to watercolor.
From 1 to 3 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 27, the Crater Lake National Park Trust will celebrate national Public Lands Day with a family day at Crater Lake. Admission is free. Enjoy ranger presentations, tribal dancing and ice cream floats for the first 500 visitors. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.