The Medford Kiwanis Club will sponsor the Carson and Barnes Circus today, with shows at 2 and 7 p.m. at Biddle and Lawnsdale, near the airport. Early birds who arrive between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. will see more than 100 animals for free and be able to watch elephants raise the Big Top. There will be a Salute to the Troops parade, acrobats, high wire, motorcycle and trapeze artists, clowns, camels and horses, and the kids of performing families. Proceeds benefit Children's Dental Clinic and Children's Advocacy Center. Advance tickets are $12 adults, $6 kids 11 and younger, available at all Jack in the Box locations and at Lava Lanes in Medford. Tickets at the gate are $16 for adults and $8 kids 11 and younger. Children under 2 admitted free. Call 601-8189.
- Lithia Park Nature Walks are led by trained volunteer naturalists from 10 to 11: 30 a.m. Sundays, Wednesday and Fridays. Topics include the trees, flowers, birds, climate, water, geology and history of the park. Meet at the park entrance across from the Plaza in Ashland. The walks are free. Call 552-2266.
- The ninth Upper Rogue Community Center Great Duck Race will be held from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at Regional Park on Rogue River Drive. Duck adoptions are $5 each. To pick up a Lucky Derby Duck adoption form, call the Upper Rogue Community Center at 878-2702. Prizes include gift certificates from local and other merchants. There also will be vendors, musicians, free games and a race for kids. Prizes awarded for the "lame duck" race. Call 541-878-2702 or 878-8029.
- The Ashland Scrabble Club meets from 2 to 6 p.m. Sundays at The Beanery, 1602 Ashland St. The club is open to all levels of experience. Contact Travis at 227-9633 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roller Odyssey will hold a Labor Day Picnic "Skate" from 1:15 to 2:15 p.m. at 2425 S. Pacific Highway, Medford. Admission is $6, which includes a free skater's meal. Skate rental is extra. For information, call 772-1400.
- Tony Romano, author of "Birds of Prey and Endangered Raptors," will read from his book at 2 p.m. Monday at Wildlife Images, 11845 Lower River Road, Grants Pass. Admission is free, donations accepted. Copies of this children's book will be available to be signed and bird handlers will have birds there to discuss them with the audience. Reservations are requested. Call Wild Life Images at 476-0222.
Online registration for the fall Ashland Parks and Recreation classes will begin at 8 a.m. Tuesday at www.ashlandparksandrec.org. Fall classes will include home repairs for women, foreign language, digital camera, Nordic walking, dance, drawing, painting and more. For information about the programs, call Ashland Parks and Recreation at 488-5340.
Join Kid Time!, formerly KIDS Imagination Discovery Space, as they explore the wonderful world of books at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at 226 N. Ross Lane, Medford. Admission to Kid Time! is $5 children, $2 adults. Call 772-9922.
The city of Talent holds an evening market with live music from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Fridays through September on the Talent City Hall lawn, 110 E. Main St., between City Hall and the library. Browse local vendors' produce, food and craft booths while listening to live music. Market highlights include a children's toy and book exchange and kid-run produce booths.