- Children's Musical Theatre of Oregon will hold a Character Party at 11 a.m. today at the Craterian Ginger Rogers Theater, 23 S. Central Ave., Medford. Participants can have a photo taken with a favorite CMTO show character (Disney's High School Musical, Peter Pan, Wizard of Oz and Grease). The event includes lunch, photo and kids' prizes. Cost is $15 per person. Seating is limited. CMTO presents "Oklahoma!" at 1 and 7 p.m. Adults $20, youth (under 18) $10. Call 541-779-3000
- Rogue Valley Mall will showcase the latest gadgets and trends relevant to teens and provide entertainment from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today on the lower level near Macy's. The first 100 shoppers at customer service will receive a free goody bag. Macy's will hold a Back-to-School Bash from 3 to 6 p.m. Attendees can help those less fortunate by swapping their used designer jeans (in good condition) with participating stores for a percentage off a new pair of jeans. The jeans will be donated to a local homeless shelter.
- See a radio-controlled flying lawn mower, aircraft of World Wars I and II, civilian aircraft and helicopters and enter a prize drawing during the Rogue Valley Eagles' Annual RC Air Show today and Sunday. Take Highway 62 and turn on Highway 140 east toward Klamath Falls. Take the Agate Lake turn-off and follow the signs. Admission is $3. A portion of the proceeds go to the Children's Miracle Network at the Rogue Valley Medical Center. Call 541-951-5055.
- The city of Phoenix will host a community barbecue at 4:30 p.m. today at the Phoenix Library, 510 First St. There will be hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, watermelon and sodas available for purchase, along with live and silent auctions and door prizes. A jump house will be available for the kids, and karaoke will be presented by Ultimate Sound and the Fabulous Copy Cats.
- Mac's Diner is teaming up with the Sparrow Club for a Classic Car Cruise-in fundraiser. Bring a classic car (there's room for about 80 classic cars) or just come check them out from 5 to 9 p.m. today in the parking lot at Mac's Diner, Jackson Creek Center, 2382 W. Main St., Medford. Enjoy music, food, raffles, Sparrow Club's Choice Award and more. Mac's will donate $1 to Sparrow Club for every burger meal and soda combo sold. Call Robin at 608-7625.
- Enjoy the best in ballet, jazz, lyric, modern, tap, hip hop, tango and more at 6 p.m. today at Bear Creek Park amphitheater, Siskiyou Boulevard and Highland Avenue, Medford. The Medford Civic Ballet and selected students from the Dance Arts Academy will perform, along with the Dancers Studio from Klamath Falls. It's free.
- "The Princess Bride" will be the featured film at dusk today at Chuck Roberts Park, next to the police station in Talent. Bring blankets and lawn chairs. Popcorn and soft drinks will be available. Call 512-2355.
All visitors will have free admission to Crater Lake National Park on Monday in celebration of the 92nd anniversary of the National Park Service, which was established and signed by President Woodrow Wilson Aug. 25, 1916. Call 541-594-3000.
The ninth annual Upper Rogue Community Center Great Duck Race will be held from noon to 4 p.m. Aug. 31, at Regional Park on Rogue River Drive. Duck adoptions are $5 per duck. To pick up a Lucky Derby Duck adoption form, call the Upper Rogue Community Center at 878-2702. Prizes include gift certificates from local and other merchants. There will also be vendors, local musicians, free games, a race for kids, and prizes for the "lame duck" race. Call 541-878-2702 or 878-8029.