- ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum's Awesome Animals Summer Festival runs through Sunday featuring animals from Klamath Bird Observatory, Wildlife Safari and others. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sundays at 1500 E. Main St., Ashland. Admission is $7.50 adults, $5 for kids (2-12). Visit www.scienceworksmuseum.org or call 482-6767.
- The Southern Oregon Junior Rodeo will be held this weekend at the Jackson County Expo in Central Point. Call 774-8270 or see www.jcfairgrounds.com.
- Movies in the park are shown at 9 p.m. Saturdays at Bear Creek Park in Medford. Tonight's feature is "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" (PG-13, 2007).
The Medford Railroad Park off Table Rock Road and Berrydale Avenue is open the second and fourth Sunday of each month through October. It features life-size and miniature train displays as well as train rides on pint-size steam engines. The park is free and open to the public. Donations are welcome. Call 774-2400.
Monte Killingsworth, local teacher and children's author, and his daughter, Maya Cross-Killingsworth, perform together as Planet Lullaby. They will give a performance from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday at the Phoenix Branch Library, 510 W. First St. The mission of the father-daughter eco-lullabist teams is to combat ugliness, noise and hopelessness by singing planet-friendly lullabies backed by a series of relevant images projected onto a screen. This family-oriented program is for children, seniors and everyone in-between. For information, call 535-7090.
- The Summer Movie Clubhouse will feature "Doogal" rated PG) at 10 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday at Tinseltown in Medford. Tickets are $5 for 10 shows if purchased in advance or $1 per show if purchased at the box office.
- As part of the Metamorphosis @ Your Library summer reading program, "Big Bug" movies will be featured for teens at 2 p.m. every Tuesday beginning through Aug. 12 at the Medford Branch Teen Library, 205 S. Central Ave. Call 774-6413.
- Dashka Slater, Ashland High School graduate and author, will read from her most recent picture book "The Sea Serpent and Me," along with songs, participation and a party at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Ashland Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd. The story features a little girl who finds a sea serpent in her bathtub and their adventures.
- The Jacksonville and Children's museums, at Fifth and C streets in Jacksonville are open from 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday. Admission is $5 for adults (13-64) and $3 for seniors (65 and up) and children (3-12). Call 773-6536 or see www.sohs.org.
"The Wizard of Oz" is Friday's featured movie at the big screen at Garfield Park, 40 Garfield St., Ashland. Movies begin at dusk.
KTVL News 10 and Rogue Valley Medical Center will present the 21st Annual Kids' Day at Hawthorne Park from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 2. The free community event will offer a variety activities and lots of free stuff to take home. Activities will include face painting, storytelling, jump houses, a bike rodeo, a dunk tank, games, etc.