- The city of Medford will host a Family Fun Day from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at Orchard Hill Park, 28510 Juanipero Way, Medford. The event will feature a free barbecue lunch, lawn games, a bounce house and prizes.
- Missoula Children's Theatre presents adaptations of "Rumpelstiltskin" at 3 and 7 p.m. today at the Craterian Ginger Rogers Theater, 23 S. Central Ave., Medford. In the children's story, a gnome appears, and will spin straw into gold, for a price — you must guess his name. Tickets are $7 for children 12 and under, and $10 for adults. Call 779-3000.
- Bear Creek Park at Siskiyou Boulevard and Highland Avenue offers Movies in the Park at 9 p.m. every Saturday through Aug. 9. Tonight's feature is "The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep" (PG, 2007).
- Britt Gardens in Jacksonville will host the Storytelling Guild's 42nd Annual Children's Festival Sunday through Tuesday. The event will feature more than 35 booths and offer arts and crafts. There will also be a science booth offering hands-on exploration of the wonders of bugs, live entertainment for children, food from the Dragon Deli and storytelling. Hours are 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m. to noon and 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday and 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday. Admission is $2 per day and includes all activities. Call 774-6409.
- Admission to the Jackson County Fair is free on Sunday. Hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. In addition to the rides and other festivities, at 4 p.m. Yesenia Flores "Queen of Rodeo" will perform with her famed trained horses during a Mexican Rodeo Dance. "Banda Autentica del Valle" will start the day's events, along with Banda Cohuich" from the state of Nayarit, Mexico. For the kids, the Mexican cartoon character El Chichicuilote will be on hand. Admission to the Mexican Rodeo Dance is free for kids under 12, $45 for adults. Tickets will be sold at the gate. Parking is $4.
- The Summer Movie Clubhouse at Tinseltown continues with PG-rated films for kids at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays through Aug. 20 at Tinseltown. "Happy Feet" will be featured Tuesday and Wednesday. Tickets are $1 per show at the box office.
- Movies for Teens will feature Big Bug movies at 2 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 12 at The Medford Branch Teen Library, 205 S. Central Ave.
- ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum, 1500 E. Main St., Ashland, will hold its Awesome Animals Summer Festival July 23-27 featuring Klamath Bird Observatory, Wild Life Safari and others who will be on hand with live animals. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sundays. Admission is $7.50 adults, $5 for kids (2-12) . For details vist www.scienceworksmuseum.org or call 482-6767.
- Free films for teenagers and adults are shown at 2 p.m. Wednesday afternoons during July at the Ashland Library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd. Films are rated PG-13. Call 774-6996. "Persepolis," will be this week's feature.
- Watch movies in the park at dusk Friday at Garfield Park, 40 Garfield St., Ashland. Friday's feature is "The Waterhorse, Legend of the Deep."
- Central Point Friday Night Festivals are held the second and fourth Friday through summer in Pfaff Park, Sixth and Manzanita streets. Hours are 5:30 to 11 p.m. with vendor booth open from 5:30 to 8: 30 p.m., musical entertainment from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and movies at dusk. This week's movie is "Secondhand Lions" (PG, 2003).