"What to do" is a weekly listing of events for Rogue Valley families. For a rundown, see Tempo listings Fridays in the Mail Tribune. Submit items to: What to Do, Mail Tribune, P.O. Box 1108, Medford, OR 97501
- Free storytelling sessions are held at 11 a.m. Saturdays in the children's section of Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 1400 Biddle Road, Medford. Call 858-0203.
- Storyteller Willy WhiteFeather will be at Howling Acres Wolf Sanctuary, 555 Davidson Road, Williams, from 1 to 4 p.m. today. WhiteFeather is a Native American storyteller and author of children's stories of survival.
- Crater High Performing Arts will present The Wizard of Oz tonight at 7 at the school, 655 N. Third St., Central Point. Tickets are $11 for adults and $7 for students and seniors. Call 494-6300.
- Kids can enjoy riding on small-scale steam and diesel trains, looking at miniature train exhibits and sending telegrams on an antique telegraph service from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. the second and fourth Sunday of each month at Medford's Railroad Park at Table Rock Road and Berrydale Avenue, a few blocks from the Rogue Valley Mall. Hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and admission is free. Donations are accepted. Call 535-7952 or 944-9176.
- The Rogue Valley RC Club hosts radio-controlled car races at 1 p.m. Sundays at Fast Time Race Way at the Jackson County Sports Park, 6900 Kershaw Road, White City, weather permitting. Registration is $8. See www.roguevalleyrc.com or call 621-9173 or 665-2700.
The White City Memorial Day Parade will be held from 1:30 to 3 p.m. The parade route is west on Antelope Road, starting at 24th Street, north on Division Road past Burns Park, ending at G Street. Call Judy Durkee at 621-5109.
For a complete list of Memorial Day events, visit www.mailtribune.com.
North Medford High School choirs perform "When You Wish Upon a Star: The Music of Disney" from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Lynn Sjolund Auditorium at North Medford High School, 1900 N. Keene Way Drive, Medford. Call 842-3670.
The Storytelling Guild sponsors preschool storytime from 10:30 to 11 a.m. Thursdays at the Santo Community Center, 701 N. Columbus Ave., Medford).
- Early Head Start will host a Children's Book Festival on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Barnes & Noble Booksellers in Medford. The event is free and open to all — but especially children ages birth to high school; parents, grandparents, teachers, and any others who may be interested. Events will be held throughout the day and include storytimes, literacy education sessions and related art activities for children, parents and teachers.
- North Mountain Park Nature Center will hold a free nature books summer story time the first and third Friday of June, July and August. Kids 2-4 are invited to attend, with an adult, from 10:30 to 11 a.m.; kids 5 to 7, accompanied by an adult, from 11:30 to noon. Stories of nature will be told under the old apple trees at the park, 620 N. Mountain Ave., Ashland. Bring snacks and blankets. To register online see http://ashlandparks.recware.com or call the Nature Center at 488-6606.