Here are some inexpensive ways to bring fragrance into your home:
- ScentPort, a refillable, plug-in scented oil diffuser. With its sleek, modern design, the home-fragrance device created by Slatkin & Co. disperses scent all day long. Information on the ScentPort's package says the fragrance lasts four to six weeks. The diffuser and refills are priced from $10 to $12.50 and are available from Bath & Body Works.
- Alice in Wonderland Light-up Wallflowers Fragrance Diffuser. Created by Slatkin through a partnership with Disney, this refillable, scented oil plug-in for kids promises the fragrance will last six to eight weeks and doubles as a nightlight. Available at Bath & Body Works and priced at $15.
- Stick Scents. These scented stick diffusers don't need to be plugged in, lighted or watched. Simply open a bottle of scented oil and insert porous bamboo sticks, which allow the scent to evaporate and emit fragrance into the air. Flip the sticks weekly for four to six months. Suggested retail price: $14.99.
- Room air fresheners. Renuzit's Subtle Effects air fresheners are an inexpensive way to bring specialty-store fragrance into your home. Available in four scents: citrus orchard, cool morning air, light alpine frost and quiet lavender whisper. Prices range from $1.99 to $2.49.
- Glade Wisp Flameless Candle. It flickers and freshens like a burning candle except, but burns scented oil (like a plug-in diffuser) and runs on batteries. The candle automatically shuts off after three hours or can be turned off by pressing down on the diffuser. Starter kits sell at mass retailers for $9.99.
AirWick FreshSweep Broom. Billed as a two-in-one cleaning product, the Quickie brand angle broom boasts "a fresh, clean scent every time." An AirWick Stick Up air freshener is placed prominently above the broom's fibers, and the user twists open the Stick Up to unlock the scent, which is then spread as he sweeps. The broom is available at mass retailers for a suggested price of $10.99.
Bath & Body Works: www.bathandbodyworks.com
Stick Scents: www.stickscents.com/