The advertising departments for the Mail Tribune and Ashland Daily Tidings took home several awards in the 2013 Best Ad Ideas Contest sponsored by the Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association. The awards were announced at the ONPA annual convention, held July 17-19 in Sunriver.
Competing in the large daily newspaper category, the Mail Tribune earned seven awards, including three first-place honors. The Daily Tidings earned two first-place awards in the small newspaper category.
Mail Tribune awards were:
- Best online house ad or campaign, "Readers Choice," staff.
- Best black and white ad, Gold and Gems, "Personal: Two studs seek cute romantic lobes," staff.
- Best advertising headline, Gold and Gems, "Personal: Two studs seek cute romantic lobes," staff.
- Most effective use of small space, Encore Boutique, staff.
- Best use of one color and black, Encore Boutique, staff.
- Best single house ad, "Marketing Seminar SEO," staff.
- Best online animated ad, "Oregon Cheese Fest," staff.
Ashland Daily Tidings awards were:
- Best section cover, "Shakespeare 2012," staff
- Best institutional/image ad, "250 Main," staff.