Wayson Spencer and Wendy Santoni have opened Spencer & Santoni Retirement Solutions, an independent insurance and financial adviser office in Alder Creek Professional Office Park.
The east Medford firm is affiliated with the Assurance Group.
Spencer & Santoni Retirement Solutions offers products and services from more than 30 insurance and financial services companies for Medicare planning, Medicare supplements, Medicare Advantage plans, long-term care, home health care, prescription drugs, life and disability insurance, as well as financial services.
Spencer was with Bankers Life and Casualty's local office for more than 20 years, becoming unit sales manager in 2007, then becoming branch sales manager in February 2009. Before that he was with Lithia Motors in Medford for more than 10 years. He began as finance and insurance manager at Lithia Dodge in 1982, became general sales manager, then was finance and insurance director from 1987 to 1993 for Lithia Motor Group.
He was credit manager for Larson's Appliance from 1980 to 1982.
Santoni was previously a unit sales manager with Bankers Life and Casualty, where she started in 2006. Before that, she was product integration and communications manager for U.S. Cellular in Medford for nine years.
The office address is 835-A Alder Creek Road. The hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The telephone number is 541-622-2035, and email contact is at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Two local firms were among 130 winners from 32 states at the 2014 Good Food Award competition in San Francisco.
Gary West Artisan Smoked Meats was among 13 Oregon winners at the event. The Jacksonville specialty food maker's Silver Fork Natural was a charcuterie honoree.
It's the second time Gary West produced a winner, previously gaining the honors in 2012. It was a finalist in 2011 and 2013.
The Silver Fork line is named for the Silver Fork Basin below Dutchman's Peak. It's also where Gary West's parents Fred and Ethel West summered their cattle.
Ashland distillery Organic Nation's Organic Nation Gin & Old Field Rye Whiskey also gained honors.
Nearly 700 people assembled at the fourth annual Good Food Awards Ceremony at San Francisco's historic Palace of Fine Arts.
Oregon winners included:
- Deschutes Brewery, Black Butte Porter
- Ninkasi Brewing Company, Believer Double Red
- Gary West Artisan Smoked Meats, Silver Fork Natural — Traditional
- Olympic Provisions, Salami Cotto
- Tails & Trotters, Applewood Smoked Ham
Ancient Heritage Dairy, Hannah
- Alma Chocolate, Sea Salt Hazelnut Crunch Bar
- Xocolatl de David, Raleigh Bar & Brown Butter Bar
- Kelly's Jelly, Kelly's Habañero Pepper Jelly
- Republic of Jam, Marionberry Espresso
- Clear Creek Distillery, Pear Eau de Vie, Mirabelle Plum Eau de Vie & Cranberry Liqueur
- Organic Nation, Organic Nation Gin & Old Field Rye Whiskey
- Rogue Ales & Spirits, Single Malt Vodka
Compiled from staff reports