AARP is sponsoring free income tax preparation for low- and moderate-income residents of all ages Feb. 1 through April 15.
Volunteer tax aides receive Internal Revenue Service training and are knowledgeable about federal and Oregon tax laws. Participants should bring current tax records, Social Security cards and a copy of last year's income tax return.
Help will be available at:
- United Church of Christ, 1801 E. Jackson St., Medford, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Medford Senior Center, 510 E. Main St., 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday and Thursday (please call 772-2273 for appointments).
- Southern Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing, 228 N. Holly St., Medford, noon to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Santo Center, 701 N. Columbus Ave., Medford, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Rogue Family Center, 3131 Ave. C, White City, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday through Thursday.
- Jacksonville Library, 340 West C St., Jacksonville, noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Pioneer Hall, 73 Winburn Way, Ashland, 9 a.m. to noon Monday and Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Phoenix Library, 510 West First St., noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- Talent Library, 101 Holmes St., 1 to 5 p.m. Thursday.
Barbara Bransford has opened Dog Days Training and Pet Services.
The firm offers basic command training, pet transportation to and from appointments, pet sitting, and pet walking and exercising. It also offers bathing — including dematting, brushing, ear cleaning and nail clipping — at a self-service wash.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week. The business e-mail is email@example.com and telephone number is 261-9279.