Here are some of the best places to check out Christmas lights in the Rogue Valley.
- 1765 Sheldon Ave. — The home's decorations are "worth the drive to admire it," writes a neighbor.
- 838 Ellen Ave. — Lights on this home work in time to music broadcast on 95.3 FM.
- 311 Haven St. — Inflatable characters and holiday lights timed to broadcast music decorate the home of Garry Smith.
- 2127 E. Jackson St. — Ron Bartlett's home, with its animated Christmas characters at the edge of the road, is a perennial holiday favorite.
- Greystone Court — The east Medford street is known for its extensive light displays, most of them in white.
- 4113 Hemlock Drive — This home's lights are timed to music available via 92.7 FM.
- South end Kerrisdale Ridge Drive — Several dozen homes are decorated for the holidays, and more than 60 trees and light posts are wrapped in red and white with bows.
- Seckel Court (off Murphy Road, just north of Rogue Valley Medical Center) — Families on this cul-de-sac have gone all out, rivaling Greystone Court in their unified effort.
- 1384 Brook Court — Frankie and Holly Rutigliano have more than 7,500 lights, which work in time to music.
- 1815 Bristol Drive — The Schmidt house is a perennial favorite. It features more than 50,000 lights and Santa's elf training center with snowmen, penguins and elves in various activities. All displays are handmade.
- Gould Circle — Peanuts characters, bears, Santas and thousands of lights decorate a trio of homes at the south end of Gould.
- 217 S. Shasta Ave. — Leave Highway 62 on Shasta Avenue and travel about one mile to this home, which is festooned with thousands of lights that operate in time with music played on 97.5 FM. Hours and dates vary: Sunday through Thursday, 5:30-9 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 5:30-10 p.m.; Dec 21-25, 5:00-11 p.m.; Dec 31, 5:30 p.m.-midnight.
- 19 Portabello Way — Chris Balfour's display has about 10,000 lights, with music broadcast from a speaker.
- 589 Crystal Drive (corner of Shadow Lawn) — This home is decorated with 17,000 lights.
- 523 Ridgeway Ave. — Lots of lights and decorations adorn this home.
- Corner Ridgeway Avenue and Beebe Road
- Corner Sixth and Maple streets — Todd Thatcher has decorated his home with 75,000 lights, plus 15 reindeer and Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
- 749 Madison Court.
- 2153 Houston Road — Steve Hills and extended members of his family string more than 30,000 lights and erect a variety of holiday scenes.
- 960 Brandon Way — Jon Croy has lots of lights from his yard to his roof and he displays a big star, elves and Santa.
- 1005 Brandon Way — Kurt Goff has a snow globe, lighted trees and a train on the roof.