Proposed changes in motorized vehicle use on the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest include:
- Prohibiting public access on approximately 60-65 miles of roads that currently are open to minimize or reduce resource damage.
- Designating approximately 3,390 miles of road where mixed use would be allowed. Mixed use is defined as designation of a forest road for use by both highway-legal and non-highway-legal motor vehicles.
- Constructing two motorized trails to provide loop route opportunities, providing about two miles of motorized trails.
- Converting approximately 20-25 miles of closed national forest system roads to motorized trails.
- Designating two areas where off-road motorized use is allowed. This includes continued use of the Woodruff area near Prospect and the development of an additional motorized play area near Willow Lake on the High Cascades Ranger District.