The following road work is scheduled for the Rogue Valley in the coming week:
- Interstate 5, mileposts 33-49 between Central Point and Rogue River: This project repairs one bridge and replaces three others from Central Point to Rogue River. I-5 milepost 33.85 (Upton Road): Demolition is complete and the detour is in effect. Construction will begin on a new two lane overpass with sidewalks and bike lanes. Expected completion date is late May; Upton Road over Bear Creek: Drivers should watch for intermittent single-lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic. Watch for crews and equipment along the roadway; I-5 milepost 38.73 (Foley Lane Road): Possible night time lane closures expected to begin this week in preparation for east side bridge demolition on in mid-November. The undercrossing is scheduled for one-day closure.
- I-5 Exit 27, south Medford interchange: Road construction and utility work continues throughout the project area. Watch for equipment and trucks working near and leaving the work zone.
- Highway 62 near Delta Waters Road: Weather permitting, there will be single-lane nighttime closures for westbound traffic west of Delta Waters Road. The contractor will be building a new right in/right out driveway for commercial development and constructing a center median.
- Delta Waters Road north of Highway 62 at the Safeway and Olive Garden driveway: There will be night-time lane closures on Delta Waters Road, at the Safeway and Olive Garden driveway 7 p.m. Monday until 5 a.m. Tuesday. The contractor, Johnny Cat, will be working in the right of way.
- I-5 Exit 35, Seven Oaks interchange and railroad bridges: The Exit 35 southbound on-ramp moved to its new location approximately 200 feet south. Flaggers will be on site to facilitate the change. The interstate speed in project area is lowered to 55 mph. The speed limit on Blackwell Road is lowered to 35 mph. Drivers should watch for trucks entering and leaving the work area both northbound and southbound on I- 5. Traffic control will be in place on Highway 99 and Blackwell Road. Watch for minor delays on these roadways.