Thirteen local museums and the historic Hanley Farm will celebrate Oregon's 150th birthday year with a variety of events beginning Friday and running through Sept. 9.
The Jackson County Heritage Association, which is sponsoring the coordinated events, will have a drawing for gift baskets, with tickets available at all locations.
The Hanley Farm event, at 1053 Hanley Road, has been scheduled for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 5. There will be farming harvest activities, including threshing grain in a 1930s threshing machine and baling straw with a 19th century horse-powered hay press. Cost is $5 for adults, $3 for children and seniors and free to Southern Oregon Historical Society members.
Other participating museums include:
- Applegate Valley Museum, open on both Saturdays during the event, at 1505 Highway 238.
- Butte Falls Museum, call 865-3332 to arrange a tour.
- Eagle Point Museum, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday, 202 N. Royal Ave.
- Gold Hill Museum, noon to 4 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, 504 First Ave.
- SOHS museum, Beekman House and Catholic Rectory in Jacksonville; museum is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, the Beekman house and the Catholic Rectory on Saturday.
- Lake Creek Museum, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 1739 S. Fork Little Butte Creek Road.
- McKee Bridge at 9045 Upper Applegate Road, Ruch, will have tours from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday.
- SOHS Research Library, 1-4:30 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 106 N. Central Ave., Medford.
- Phoenix museum, 1-4 p.m. Monday through Friday, 607 N. Church St.
- Rogue Valley Genealogical Society Library, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 95 Houston Road.
- Upper Rogue Museum, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 144 Old Highway 62 in Trail.
- Woodville Museum, noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, First and Oak streets, Rogue River.