Grants Pass motorcycle gang member sentenced

A member of an Oregon-based outlaw motorcycle gang has been sentenced to two years and two months in prison.

A Josephine County jury convicted Richard Coelho of coercion and unlawful use of a weapon after prosecutors said he chased two people with a sawed-off shotgun.

Attorney General John Kroger said today that this was the final case in a multiyear prosecution of the North Valley Chapter of the Vagos Outlaw Motorcycle Club. Seven members of the Grants Pass gang were convicted.

Kroger says testimony established that the Vagos members considered themselves a 1 percent club. It's a reference to a 1960s claim that 99 percent of motorcyclists are law-abiding, but the other 1 percent are outlaws.

— The Associated Press

Share This Story