AARP volunteers will offer free income tax preparation and electronic filing for low- or moderate-income taxpayers Feb. 1 through April 17, according to a news release.
AARP and the Internal Revenue Service sponsor the service. Attendees do not have to be AARP members.
Those attending must bring valid photo identification, Social Security cards, 2010 tax return, W-2s, 1099s and all other records used in filing. Both spouses should be present for joint filing.
Each return will take at least 30 minutes to prepare, officials noted.
The help will be available at:
- The Grove, 1197 E. Main St., Ashland, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mondays and Fridays and 1 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
- Ascension Lutheran Church, 2617 E. Barnett Road, Medford, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays, Feb. 1 through April 17.
- Medford Senior Center, 510 E. Main St., Medford; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays by appointment only. Those interested should call the Senior Center.
- Phoenix library, 510 W. First St., Phoenix; 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
- Rogue Valley Mall, 1600 N. Riverside Ave., Medford, lower level near Macy's, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
- Rogue Family Center, 3131 Ave. C, White City, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Talent library, 101 Home St., Talent, 1 to 5 p.m. Thursdays.
- Upper Rogue Community Center, 22465 Highway 62, Shady Cove, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays.
(Correction: The hours for this service at Ascension Lutheran Church have been updated.)